President Ricciardi’s call to action highlights three essential elements – the ABCs – that promote joy: Awareness, Balance & Purpose, and Co-creation. Please checkout the Sigma Presidential Call to Action 2019-2021 Infuse Joy, which includes more information about the elements that promote joy along with the chapter and member helpful activities for infusing joy.
CHAPTER AND MEMBER HELPFUL ACTIVITIES
(copied from the call to action)
Consider the following activities designed to help Sigma chapters and individual members infuse joy by achieving awareness, seeking balance and purpose in work, and creating opportunities for co-creation:
- Keep a gratitude journal
- Meditate or practice mindfulness
- Nominate colleagues for Sigma’s international awards, research awards, and honorary membership
- Participate in one of Sigma’s highly rated webinars at a chapter meeting
- During exam week, offer self-care and de-stress activities for your chapter members who are students or faculty. Or, consider providing self-care and de-stress activities as a service to members of other healthcare schools or organizations during Nurses Week or anytime
- Support and sustain the future of nursing by making a contribution to the Sigma Foundation’s future fund
- If you are an experienced nurse researcher, mentor an emerging nurse researcher through the process of applying for a research grant through the Sigma Foundation for Nursing.
- Collaborate with a practice setting to involve clinical nurses in chapter activities
- Collaborate globally by forming or participating in a cross-cultural, multi-country research team
- Partner with experienced nurses in various settings to offer peer support and/or mentoring programs
- Invite an interdisciplinary team from a clinical practice setting to present at a chapter meeting
- Conduct chapter programming connected to achieving and maintaining physical and mental health. (Group walks, counseling resources, connection activities)
- Participate in organized fundraising walks or other activities as a group.
- Conduct a chapter research day where all members participate in collaborative research.
- As a chapter, work to submit your school of nursing’s collection to the Sigma Repository.
- Join one of the Communities of Interest on The Circle to collaborate with other Sigma members around areas of interest and focus.
- Create opportunities that focus on patient and family-centered care and engagement.